Friday, October 15, 2010

Water

How many times a day do you hear an adult figure tell you to drink more water? I would say about 3 to 4 for me at least. It’s funny, because on the radio or on the news, people talk about how in Africa so many kids are deprived of clean water and how we should be thankful for the supply of clean water that we have. The African children would love to have my endless supply of water, and yet I hardly drink any of it.
African Child
I do have to take into effect that it is significantly hotter in Africa right now, and I probably do drink a little more water in the summer. My point is that I don’t drink enough water even though it is so accessible. I know that I am supposed to drink it, but I never really do. Why is this? It’s probably similar to the reason why many kids drink underage. It’s somewhat the opposite of the situation, but similar concept. Kids tend to do what they’re not supposed to, and not do what they’re supposed to in most cases. I wish that kids didn’t have this behavior towards life, and I think no matter how hard adults or professionals try to show kids in America that they are so fortunate, it doesn’t really help. Many kids in America grow up in a bubble where they hear about horrible things happening around the world, but they really don’t conceive what it’s really like. Maybe if teens could really understand these things then they would have a different outlook on life earlier on. Once those teens get to college, they really start to get a feel for the outside world. If teens could understand this feeling earlier on, then maybe they could grow up a little faster. This could change the world. Do you agree on teens?

How do you feel about the water situation in Africa?

No comments:

Post a Comment